Snoring can be a major cause of stress, especially to roommates, persons in relationships, and married couples, specifically since they have to share the same bed or room every night. For couples, when one partner snores too loud, it creates an uncomfortable environment for the other party and may even cause them sleepless nights; sometimes it may even necessitate the use of different rooms. However, it is evident that when partners resort to such means, then it may adversely affect the relationship and this is why it’s crucial to look for options that will enable dealing with the snoring problem once and for all.
What are the causes of snoring?
Before getting to know how to stop snoring, it’s important to first get informed on the factors that contribute to this problem:
1. Alcohol consumption-if you take alcohol a few hours before bedtime, then it might make you snore even in the case where this does not normally happen, and for a snorer, the case may even get worse
2. Being overweight may directly contribute to snoring in the sense that the throat area accumulates more tissue, and thus the opening on the airway is narrowed hence restricting the free flow of air, and leading to snoring.
3. Smoking also interferes with the nasal passage therefore leading to reduced air flow and as a result, making the smoker to snore.
4. When you have a cold or flu, chances are your nose will get so stuffy you will have to breathe through the mouth. The flow of air will again be restricted and the person ends up snoring
5. Sleeping position-when you sleep on your side, it reduces the chance of snoring because the airway remains stable
There are a number of snoring remedies that a snorer can go for to curb the problem, including surgery- which should only be used as a last resort. A person with the snoring problem should make certain to obtain solutions that are safe. One of the best ways to deal with snoring is to go for options such as Snorezip. Snorezip is an oral spray, which when used, helps break up mucus and consequently opens up the air passage to enable you to have more peaceful nights.
Some of the other snoring remedies include:
1. A CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway pressure) device. This machine uses pressure to enable the airway to remain open and thus allow for comfortable breathing. It is usually worn over the nose or mouth
2. Dentists can help snorers use some dental devices that help control the tongue and the lower jaw. Some of these devices are more effective than others, and their prices also vary.
3. Surgery –this helps to get and keep the airway open, because the narrowed airway is the main basis for the snoring. Some snoring cases may call for the type of surgery where by the airway may be expanded, through the removal of some of the tissues on the throat. In other cases, the surgery may involve the shrinking and /or removal of the extra tissue.
4. In nasal surgery, obstructions are eliminated to enable better airflow.
Before going through a surgery it is best to seek the advice of a doctor so that you not only pick an effective procedure, but also only go for surgery when all other options have been explored. Good snoring solutions will ensure that you not only have better sleep, but also they ensure that you do not face risks such as, fatigue due to sleeplessness, or even hypertension. The good thing about going for the mild variety for your snoring remedies, is that you get the problem sorted, but do not face any harmful side effects. Also, it spares the user from any discomfort such as in the case whereby a CPAP is used. It offers you an effective yet harmless way to deal with the snoring problem, thanks to its natural ingredients.
Researchers have shown that when snoring becomes disruptive, not only is it a nuisance to other people, but it may also lead to an increased risk of heart disease. Therefore, It is crucial to find means of how to stop snoring. Keep in mind that the narrower your airways are, the higher the chances that air will have to force through, and in effect there will be increased vibration. As the vibration increases, the snoring gets equally louder. Also, it’s important to remember that snoring may be an underlying sign of a more serious condition, thus its best to deal with the problem as soon as possible, and seek medical services if the problem does not go away. The occasional snoring is nothing to worry about, but when it becomes a disturbance to everyone around you, it’s time to think about it and go for a long lasting and permanent solution.